In no particular order, these are some of my favorite tracks that often get played or youtubed late night over some post club cocktails.
1. Take Me Into Your Skin - Trentemoller - Pokerflat
Amazingly haunting deep track from one of my biggest inspirations. This track is a work of aural art, plain and simple.
2. Paradise Circus - Massive Attack - Virgin
A new fave of mine from MA's new album. I've been a fan of their music for a very long time and this track lives up.
3. Baby Bitch - Ween - Elektra
Ween is another band that I really dig, and this track reminds me of nights when I lived out in the Rocky mountains. The melodies are so simple, but the lyrics and vocal melody are just straight up crazy.
4. Bat For Lashes - What's A Girl To Do? - Ministry of Sound Chillout
There's something with the video for this that just hooked me when I first saw/heard it... Whenever I hear or play this I end up thinking of Donnie Darko.
5. "Regulate" - Warren G ft. Nate Dogg - Island Records
G funk at its absolute best. "16 and the clip and one in the hole, Nate Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold, now they droppin and yellin, its a tad bit late, Nate Dogg and Warren G had to regulate"... absolute classic stuff!!
6. "Moan" (radio slave remix) - Trentemoller - Pokerflat
One of my favorite of Slave's remixes, a fusion of two of my fave artists. This is just a straight up classic for me.
7. "Wanderer" ("dixon edit") - Romanthony - Innervisions
A classic redux of of an already great track. I've been a huge fan of Romanthony's music since I first started DJing, and really dig Dixon's reedits
8. "In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country - Boards of Canada - Warp
One of my favorite Boards of Canada songs. This is the ultimate after party trip
9. "Marionette" - Mathew Jonson - Wagon Repair
This is my favorite Mathew Jonson track, and brings back great memories of some amazing late nights in my first Toronto loft/studio space.
10. "I'm Just A Man" - dOP - Eklo
This track is pure genious. Stripped down, sick vocals, great instrumentation, big ups Paris' finest